Shop Earth-Friendly

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Postal Importer

So, now, I am a certified small-time importer because the Bureau of Customs has finally taxed me for buying $62 worth of items online! (been cursing non-stop since yesterday afternoon, if you want to know the truth).
There's duty tax, value added tax, shipping tax, commission and brokerage fee, cost of containers, amount of royalties, value of resale, loading and handling, and cost of insurance-so that for a $62 woth of purchase cost me some P1,725. To say the least, I was shocked. Sabi ko sa manong who issued me a receipt: Nakakawindang lang po kasi mga puncher lang binili ko! All the while akala ko, WTO was doing me good for reducing imported tariff and all that!" Naloka talaga ako!

Sabi nung isang staff, "kasi pag more than $50 na purchase value, me tax po." And I retorted, "So, pag mga $49 lang, wala? Next time pala, $49 lang ipapalagay kong value sa vendor ko." Di na siya umimik.

Sabi nung manong na taga-post office, buti nga hindi inilagay sa bigtime importing yong items ko, kasi daw, ang amount, more than P2,500. Hello? Pang San Miguel Corporation na nga lang daw 'yong mga ganung taxes.

Shocks, I owe the manong post officer one! Salamat po!

No comments: