Shop Earth-Friendly

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Red Ribbon Mamon & Smart Perks

Let us set aside the seemingly highway robbery wireless / pocket wi-fi services we are currently experiencing at the moment and focus on "rewards".

Globe provides very timely rewards, in fact, you can get your SMS / call rewards even if you ran out of pre-paid loads.

Meanwhile at Smart...

I have several Smart numbers I use for wi-fi and phone services that at one time, I enrolled them to Smart perks. "Being Smart has its perks."

In February, I redeemed a Red Ribbon mamon (5 pieces) for - if I recall it right, 145 points. I received a message or a prompt that I will be updated of its status in the next 24 hours.

I never received the update.

In June 1, 2017. I called up the Smart hotline dedicatedly to inquire on this perks. I was able to talk to Deps. She checked on my record and while my account is open and I can see I've only got some 90 points left on my perks, she told me that she is sorry for the inconvenience or something like that. Gahd. You like the word: inconvenience. She told me that the points were returned. And lo! I have 200+ points back on my perks.

She asked me if I would like to try redeeming another, and I said yes, and on her end, she assisted me to redeem - calls for 100 points.

I got an SMS telling me a manager or something similar in status, will approve of the redeemed perks and that I will be updated in a while. It is June 4 and I never got an update.

Smart, you are sooo smart.

You meter our wifi usage at sky-high rates without us having an idea how, as if people in the Philippines earn shrewdly as much as you people at Smart. Cruel, if you ask me. And you have these perks that is what we can aptly call "paasa."

You're soooo smart!

No comments: