Shop Earth-Friendly

Monday, January 21, 2008

Fiesta Islands

Fiesta coronation nights for popularity contents in the Philippines are becoming like a sidelight for fireworks. Not that your average Pinoy has lost interest in the regalia of royal parade of the Queen and her Court or that the almost magical change of an ordinary look into something comparable to --- uh --- now, this is what I call a blogger's bloc --- teedeeheehehehe... Kate Moss... I like her when she transforms from a bland bag of pale bones into a rainbow-colored magazine cover... there... nah, your average Pinoy will always be fascinated about anything he cannot touch, nor understand. Including the regalia of coronation nights.

It is just that the fireworks have taken over as the crowd-drawer during the royal parade... and coronation of her majesty queen and her princesses. And after the fiesta, every locality is back to its previous state: boring, lacks social or cultural activities except of course for street corner gambling or betting, or street corner basketball...

We have here a culture of tricycle drivers waiting for remittances crowding in many town side-walks... mahjong and tong-it or pusoy-dos tables in neighborhoods, children in front of Korean telenovelas and Japanese animation...

Before and after the once-a-year fiesta, we basically have these scenes all-year round...

Also, I have noticed how every project in LGUs (local government unit/s folks) need to be something constructed. As I blogged earlier, built environment in the Philippines is chaotic and insane (I'd prefer my level of sanity any time), if not cryptic. Or a creep that crawls. Construction of all kinds invade all forms of government projects in the Philippines only contractors and government officers can actually survive.

OK, so, the masses have survived these creeps.

I wonder if I would. Makes me wonder if I could...never ever have to knock on wood... haha... Mighty Mighty Bosstones here. sorry for the intermission...

'Cause it has become creepy nowadays to think about my children's future, in the Fiesta Islands. I can survive the creeps. But my husband thinks otherwise. Will I make it in another country? I mean, be me? Nasty and all that?

I'd keep my blog posted. Hah.

No comments: